Friday, May 6, 2011

One man's deciding to come "out of the closet" with CFS

"Until now, I've told no one except a small inner-circle of family that my mysterious breakdown in health, vitality, and cognition that started the night of May 5, 2007 was not due to an exotic virus I picked up in the Congo while on assignment for National Geographic. The truth? I'm actually a textbook case of someone with CFS, a syndrome I sniffed at until it happened to me. For the sufferer CFS means a total health breakdown, like a plane that inexplicably begins tearing itself apart mid-flight. Together, all the various dysfunctions associated with it leave the patient in a state of health more debilitating than chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, heart disease, or multiple sclerosis. " - John Falk

To read the article, click here:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-falk/chronic-fatigue-syndrome-_b_829651.html

No comments:

Post a Comment